Fun for all the family!
Raising money to support LOCAL People with Dementia, their Carers & Families in Windsor, Ascot, Maidenhead, Slough, Langley & all points between.
At approx 3.1 miles once round the beautiful Dorney Lake, it’s a 5k Run (walk, wheel or jog) for fun to raise money for Alzheimers Dementia Support ‘ADS’. Challenge your colleagues, class mates, family & friends or simply smash your personal best . We welcome wheelchair Santas, dogs on leads and kids on scooters & pushchairs (see FAQ’s below).
Please encourage as many people to take part or sponsor you as you can.
Find out more…
- FUNdraiser Prize! Fundraise for local People with Dementia & their Carers and set up a Just Giving Page HERE Prize draw entry for ALL Just Giving pages raising over £50 for ‘ADS’ Event to win a £50 Ocado Gift Voucher!
Just Giving Page Prize Draw winners 2017 –
- School Prize! Support your local school or club by nominating them with each registration; most registrations at the event for your group wins £250 for your Class/Club from our event sponsors Mortgage Required / Hale & Co.
School Prize Winner 2017 –
St Paul’s School, Wooburn Green
Medals AND Prizes will be awarded for the following categories and we would like to invite our winners to stay for our official award ceremony on site at 3pm:
- Fastest Time (Adult Male & Female 1st & 2nd)
- Best Dressed Wheels (pushchair, wheelchair or scooter)
- Best Dressed Dog
- EARLY BOOKING DISCOUNT!Use code EARLYSANTA before 13th Oct and get 10% discount off ALL registrations
- SUIT COLLECTION
You MUST collect your race pack & suit before the big day. The ‘ADS’ elves will be at our collection point at Maidenhead Lok’n’Store from 10am to 4pm on Friday/Saturday 16th/17th November or Friday/Saturday 23rd/24th November to give you everything you need. They can also help with any last minute questions or queries.
Keep you eyes peeled for the North Pole posts which will guide you to our elves!
Donations of ALL sizes are very gratefully received which is why Alzheimers Dementia Support do not have a minimum donation pledge for our event….so here’s how you can do it:
- Make an additional donation when you purchase your ticket
- Text HOHO33 £3 to 70070 to donate through Just Text Giving
- Set up a Just Giving page, either individually or as a team HERE – pages with £50 or more of donations will be entered into a free Prize Draw
- Download a manual sponsorship form and FUNDraising resources from our website HERE
- Send a cheque made payable to Alzheimers Dementia Support, Unit 113, 5 High Street, Maidenhead, SL6 1JN
- Be proactive – Ask if your workplace match employee FUNdraising, make donations or can donate a prize…Volunteer for ‘ADS’…Ask for permission to display our Santa Fun Run poster at your place of work/local shop/school/ front garden…. colour in or design a Santa picture and ‘auction’ it off to your family…bake some mince pies for donations at work…bring us your spare foreign coins…donate on the day…purchase additional Goody Bags for your friends…you get the idea!
Thank you for getting involved – All of the funds raised by ‘ADS’ are solely utilised locally to support local people in our community affected by dementia.
- WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- FUNdraising pack to download
- Full Santa Suit
- Exclusive Supporters Nylon Drawstring Bag full of Goodies
- Bottle of water
- Runners Medal
- Dog Treats
- FUNdraising pack to download
- Santa Hat
- Bottle of Water
- Runners Medal
- Kids Goody Bag filled with festive activities & treats!
…and a great chance of getting to the top of the ‘Nice List’ for doing good while feeling good!
- WHAT ELSE IS HAPPENING?
Dorney Lake is a beautiful location (yes, even in the rain) so it’s a great chance to capture some wonderful photographs. Over 500 Santa’s in one location produces a vivid sea of red that is not to be missed. Don’t forget to use the #ADSSantaRun. Look out for other photo opportunities with the inflatable Santa, Olympic Rings and not forgetting our furry four-legged friends and wheels in fancy dress.
Our event will be opened by an array of local dignitaries and special guests who will be joining in the fun!There will be a catering van serving hot food & drinks before the run starts (outside of the main building) and we would like to invite you to create our ‘Flash Mob’ dance warm up troop with a Christmas sing-song before the race is started by our VIP guests. Once the run is under way then please join us upstairs, where the wonderful singer Leah Lyle will be performing with our medal awards at 3pm.
- FAQ'sOn the Day:
The event is open from 1pm and with the warm up at 1.30pm starters orders at 1.45pm. Event closes at 4pm
There will be portaloos available on the grass verge before you get to the main building with disabled toilets located to the left inside the building itself.
We have resolved the issues around last years’ parking and apologise for the inconvenience it caused, as well as detracting from your enjoyment of the event. There will be 6 more volunteer parking attendants who will have been fully briefed so please follow their instructions carefully so that it runs smoothly. Full parking plans will be sent in a confirmation email prior to the event.
Parking on the day is free.
No parking on the grass verge to the right of the start line. A small number of disabled parking spaces are available so please show your blue badge to the parking attendant who will be able to direct you.
What is the refund policy?
All registration fees are non-refundable or transferable.
The organisers reserve the right to cancel the event due to exceptional circumstances…for example very severe weather or some other emergency that may effect safety. Under these circumstances regrettably no refunds can be given as the costs to the charity will have been incurred.
Is the course measured?
The track around Dorney is not officially measured but is an approximate 5k distance.
Is the Race Timed?
There will be a visible race clock donated for the the event by Maidenhead Athletic Club ‘MAC’ and volunteers from ‘MAC’ will be taking the times of the first and second fastest Male & Female ONLY. No Number No Time – your race number must be clearly displayed on your chest for a time to be noted.
Disabled parking is at the side of the Boat House with lift access to first floor. We welcome wheelchair Santas.
The Grand Prize Draws for Just Giving Pages, School Prize & Team Prize will be drawn or presented at Alzheimers Dementia Support ‘ADS’ Charity Shop at 75 High Street, Maidenhead SL6 1JF at 12 noon on Friday 30th November – you are welcome to join us!
- Please do not park on the grass verges – (as access will be prohibited), car parking is free and there will be marshals to guide you.
- Please do not leave children or dogs unaccompanied (please clean up after your dogs).
- Please be aware that there are no cloak room or storage facilities at the venue (Eton College Rowing Lake, Dorney). The Venue or Organisers (‘ADS’) can in no way be held responsible for any injury or illness incurred during, or as a result of the event, or for any property lost, stolen or damaged.
- All participants must follow instructions given by the race officials, volunteers, medical people etc…
- All participants must conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner.
- A fun run number will be provided to each participant which they must wear prominently and they should write their name and address and state any special medical conditions they may have on the reverse side
- Participants are asked to wear the Santa suits provided but do so at their own risk.
- Baby joggers, strollers and wheelchairs etc, where safe to do so, are permitted on the course as are pets as long as they are under control and cause no damage or risk to other participants. Those with wheeled equipment and pets are asked to start the race at the official start time only but from the back of the group of fun runners.
- The Official start time is the only time fun runners should take to the course and all are requested to take part in a short ‘warm-up’ 10 minutes prior to the official start time.
- First Aiders/Medical support will be available and all participants agree to accept, what is deemed to be, appropriate treatment and advice should any illness/injury occur.
We Ho-Ho-Hope to see you there!
Further enquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org text or call 0751 376 2900 Visit www.AlzheimersDementiaSupport.co.uk/Contact-Us for our current Privacy Notice